A heartwarming and filling dish which can be served with or without naan.
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm (prepared weight)
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1.2l chicken stock
- 1 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- 300g red lentil
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- naan bread, to serve
- Put the oil and the onion in a saucepan, and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 1 min, then stir in the spices and butternut squash. Combine everything together.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, stock and chutney, and season well. Bring to the boil, then gently simmer for about 10 mins. Add the lentils and simmer for another 20 mins until the lentils and squash are tender. Stir in the coriander and serve with warmed naan bread.