Am i the only one who struggles with what to eat on no meat Mondays? I have mastered the art of cooking beans but i figured i need to broaden my menu on no meat days. I came across this recipe on YT- Luke Catleugh (he really is my favorite youtuber these days) and i had to try it.
This is a very easy recipe and the o.g from Luke makes use of only five ingredients. I added more because i like to be extra (haha!). One of the ingredients is cream cheese and after spending a cool 15 mins of walking up and down the cheese aisle in Tesco, i decided Philadelphia cheese is the equivalent of cream cheese. To top it off, i even asked on Insta whether our good old Philadelphia is cream cheese and 82 people said yes. Boy were they wrong! Right at the bottom of the container in tiny letters it says ‘soft cheese’. I still used it and it came out right but it didn’t have the tangy taste of cream cheese. As i write this post on a Monday morning, i am actually plotting to go to Sainsbury to hunt for the real cream cheese and i am crossing my fingers i will get some.
- Pasta- any type you like, i used linguine
- 1 Courgette/marrow (cut in discs then match sticks)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pesto (any flavor will do)
- 1 tub of cream cheese (about 250g)
- Baby Spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
Additional ingredients that i added which are not necessary
- Red and green bell pepper
- veg stock cube (added to pasta boiling water)
- extra cheese for topping
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions (i added a stock cube to the pasta water to give it more flavour)
- In a pan, fry the garlic and the courgette
- Add the pesto and the cream cheese. Add about 2 tbs of the pasta water so the cream cheese can loosen up
- Once that is done add the cooked pasta and mix together. Once mixed you can go ahead and serve!