I just did the darndest thing and updated this post from my phone and everything that i had typed out yesterday was deleted. Unfortunately i am not going to write a whole paragraph of why i chose this meal as a mains, maybe its because i love carbs or that my fav food is rice and chicken, who knows? To be fair, this was really delicious and will definitely try it again soon! Here is the recipe
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 (5 pieces) chicken braai pack
- 1 cup (250ml) rice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh thyme
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- Sauté onion in 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter until glossy and caramelised. Remove and set aside.
- Season chicken and brown on all sides.
- Pour rice into an ovenproof dish.
- Place chicken on top, add onion and thyme and pour over stock.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.